Paleo Crab Stuffed FlounderCourse: EntreeCuisine: SeafoodDifficulty: Easy
This recipe comes from a fitchicla.com – lovingly captured here when the site was no longer available online. It originally called for tilapia, but I prefer flounder.
1 1/2 lbs of Flounder Filets
1 cup of crabmeat drained
1 tablespoon of chopped red pepper (tiny pieces)
1 teaspoon of Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon of coconut oil
pepper to taste
1/2 cup of almond flour
1 tablespoon of olive oil mayo
1/4 cup of grass-fed butter
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1 Tablespoon of parsley
2 cloves of garlic
1/2 -1 teaspoon of cilantro
Lemon Wedges for Garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Rinse the fillets and pat dry with paper towels.
- Combine crab meat, red pepper, garlic, mustard, pepper, and almond flour. Combine the egg, melted coconut oil, and 1 tablespoon mayonnaise. Stir this into the crab meat mixture.
- Brush the fillets with melted butter. Place in a lightly greased, shallow baking dish. Spoon the crab mixture over the fillets and drizzle with any remaining butter, and top with paprika and parsley.
- Bake the fillets at 400 degrees for 18-22 minutes.
- Drizzle top with lemon wedge and serve.