So, today the scale and I are not really on speaking terms. So instead of focusing on my frustration I’m going to take the opportunity to point out some lovely things about being 50 lbs lighter than I was 6 months ago (so I can remind myself why I’m doing this). Here goes:
- I can shop in almost any store for clothes. This is the best part about the weightloss so far. I can walk into any store, find something in my size, and it looks decent. Maybe not great, but pretty ok. And then there are the dresses. I NEVER wore dresses before unless I had to and now I actually wear one to work occasionally. It feels like pigs should be flying outside my office window.
- I don’t hate pictures of myself anymore. I can kind of see where the kids are coming from with all this selfie stuff when I don’t hate every picture I take. Granted there are more flattering angles than others, but generally if I decide to take a picture, there’s at least one or two that I don’t mind looking at.
- I can wear heeled shoes. Yeah, kind of a weird one, but when you’re heavy, high heels HURT. I still can’t wear them everyday because my knees don’t like it, but I figure if I wear heels to work a couple of times a week, I’ll get more stable on them eventually.
- My thighs don’t rub together anymore. I know, this one is kinda TMI, but this is a really yucky BPP (big people problem).
- My skin is clearer. Even though I’m nearing 40, I still struggle with facial acne, and I have noticed a significant reduction in acne since the diet change. I still get a zit from time-to-time, but not the makes-your-whole-face-hurt kind like I used to.
- I have way more energy. It’s been pouring rain the last 2 mornings, so I haven’t been able to do a morning run. This makes me antsy. I’ve gotten to the point where I need fresh air and some exercise to feel normal. What is wrong with me?
- I have more confidence. In almost everything. Somehow being closer to a normal weight has made me feel way more confident in my thoughts and feelings, or at least in sharing them. I guess that’s why I’m doing this blog. I finally feel confident enough to talk about what I’m thinking and feeling, and I think that’s perhaps the biggest benefit of all.