One of our favorite methods for cooking healthy meats is the smoker. E.J. is master of the smoker, and we often smoke a rack or 2 of ribs on a weekend since they portion well for weekly meals and are still good reheated.
Here’s E.J.’s latest rib masterpiece:
- 1 rack baby back ribs
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp pepper
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp chipotle powder
- 1 tbsp paprika (we use sweet Hungarian paprika)
- In a bowl, mix the spices together
- Rinse ribs and pat dry with paper towels
- Coat ribs liberally in spice mixture & rub in with your hands
- Setup smoker with your favorite wood chips (we use pecan or apple typically with pork)
- Smoke ribs for 6 hours minimum @ 225 deg F.
NOTE: Some people recommend putting the meat in foil for the last hour, but if you keep a steady temperature, it’s really not needed.