As I’ve mentioned before, E.J. and I do a lot of entertaining. We have 3 major parties every year (New Years, Summer Birthdays, and Halloween) and many minor ones scattered in between (St. Patrick’s Day, July 4, Memorial Day, etc.) and then there are the big family holidays like Easter, Christmas, and Thanksgiving. All in all, we do a lot of big meals and big party spreads on a fairly regular basis, which is particularly challenging when it comes to a major shift in your diet like our transition to Paleo.
More and more of our close friends have made the transition, or are at least trying to eat more like E.J. and I do, so that takes the pressure off a bit, but in the end the goal is to make a tasty spread without a ton of leftovers we can’t eat.
Here is what the menu looked like for the Halloween party we had this past weekend
- 2 chafing dishes with dividers for a total of 4 hot meat options:
- Honey Garlic Chicken Wings (finished off on the grill)
- Bacon Wrapped Meatballs
- Bacon Wrapped Dates Stuffed with Chorizo (I left off the maple syrup, and I think it was actually better)
- Grilled Sliced Smoked sausage (no sugar added)
- Deviled Eggs
- Boiled Shrimp
- Paleo Blackberry Jam over Cream Cheese
- Beet Dip
- Savory and Sweet Crackers (Rosemary and Raisin)
- Summer & Dry Sausage tray
- Cheese Tray
- Veggie Tray with Paleo ranch dressing
- Caprese skewers
- Chocolate Covered Strawberries and Oranges
- Red Velvet Cake Bites
- Paleo Spiced Dark Chocolate Cake Bites (cut into small squares)
- Sweet potato chips & Paleo salsa
For the non-paleo folks, I added:
- Tortilla & potato chips
- Green onion dip
- Rice Krispy treats
These last few items were special request from my mom on the understanding that any leftovers would be quickly handled so they wouldn’t tempt me or go to waste.
There were lots of compliments on the food options, and all in all, I think the party was a success. Special thanks to Elaine and Anita for their help getting ready Friday so I could get all of it done!
One thought on “Halloween (Mostly) Paleo Party”
Reblogged this on Paleo Marine and commented:
Our annual Halloween party was this past weekend. Here is how we prepared the food.