Happy New year to all of the ODB followers! I can’t believe 2016 is finally over – I know most everyone has been happy to see it go, but I admit to being a little sad about it. 2016 was a great year for E.J. and I both personally with our weight loss and weekend adventures and professionally. The scale is not exactly my friend this morning, but I’ve got a game plan and will be putting up another post on that subject later.
We had another successful New Years party (minus the plunge in the pool since the spa heater decided to conk out on us), with some new Paleo nibbles that I wanted to share.
First, I brought back a few favorites from my Favorite Recipes page:
- Honey Chipotle Meatballs
- Italian Style Zucchini Rolls
- Buffalo Wings
- Primal Bacon Chicken Liver Pate
- Savory and Sweet Crackers
And tried a bunch of new ones that were big hits
- Lamb and Beef Kofta with Tzaziki Sauce – This was really good, but I think needed more salt and spices.
- Spicy Party Mix – People were really impressed with this one, wondering what was in it. It wasn’t too spicy, but had just a little kick with a little sweet from the raisins. I think this one was a winner
- Bacon Wrapped Cinnamon Apples – holy cow, I never would have thought to wrap bacon around an apple, but the flavor was fantastic. Definitely one of the highlights of the spread!
- Cajun Crab stuffed Tomato Poppers – these were tasty and pretty, but not stellar. I think I would add more spices to the crab to give it more of a kick next time
- Bacon and Onion Dip – Honestly this was the biggest surprise of the party foods. I decided to make it at the last minute and it turned out amazing. Lots of rave reviews on this one.
Did you find any cool recipes over the holiday? I’m always looking for new ones!