Paleo Fruit Crisp
A sweet and fruity springtime dessert with a satisfying crunch. Based on the Skillet Fruit Crisp recipe published in Paleo Magazine.
For the Fruit Base:
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 5 medium pink lady apples, peeled, cored, and thinly sliced
- 2 cups blueberries and strawberries (cored and sliced)
- 1 tsp ceylon cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 tbsp tapioca starch
For the Topping:
- 3/4 cup unsweetened, shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup tapioca starch
- 3 tbsp coconut flour
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 6 tbsp cold butter
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup honey
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- In 12 in. cast iron skillet, heat coconut oil over medium heat
- Add the apples and berries and cook, stirring occasionally, until berries begin to release their juices
- Stir in cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and honey
- When the juices begin to bubble gently, sprinkle tapioca flour over the fruit and mix well. Remove from heat.
- In a medium bowl, combine the topping ingredients up through the butter.
- Add the butter and use 2 knives to “cut” the butter into the mixture until butter is in small pieces
- Add honey, mix well, and spread the topping evenly over the top of the fruit mixture in the skillet
- Place the skillet in the oven and bake for 20-25 mins or until golden brown.
- Serve warm.
4 thoughts on “Paleo Fruit Crisp”
This dessert was CRAZY delicious! I can’t recommend it enough!
Reblogged this on Paleo Marine and commented:
Are you looking for an amazing Paleo dessert? Look no further and make this ASAP!